Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New button in the Evaluation Dialog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: New button in the Evaluation Dialog Reply with quote

I would like to suggest to add a new button in the Evaluation Dialog.cs form to let you go to the web site. Something similar to:
Code:
if (dialogResult == EvaluationDialogResult.GotoWebSite)
   {
        System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("www.mysite.com");
   }

With the current configuration, if the evaluation period has expired and you don't have a license, there's no way to go to the web site and place the order. I'm trying to add this button programatically in my application, so that the original class is not modified, but this button is important in my opinion and it should be part of the Evaluation Dialog form already. Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider that for the next major release. In the meantime you can just modify the source code that we provide when you purchase ILS. There is no real issue doing this and writing your own user interface as the forms do not contain any significant logic that is likely to be affected by upgrades.
Javier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question of ILS 5.11. If I set the Max Deauthentications to 2, do I need to generate new validation parameters? If so, what happen with the license keys generated wit ILS 4 that were already installed? Will they recognize the new parameters? Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the Max Deauthentications value is only required by the Authentication Server. Applications compiled against ILS version 4 don't have any option for the user to deauthenticate so this option will simply have no effect.
Javier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the Max Deauthentications value is only required by the Authentication Server

How does the Authentication Server know about this value? Say that my application is compiled against ILS 5 and I distributed an update to my customers. Does this value affect all the licenses issued before ILS 5 as well, or just the licenses issued AFTER the value was set up?
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That particular value only affects deauthentication - but there was no way for users to deauthenticate in Version 4 anyway so it has no effect on version 4. In general however changes that you make to Authentication parameters (like the default MaxAuthentications or MaxDeauthentications values) will affect all licenses (even those issued before the change). Lowering the MaxAuthentications limit for a product will not however invalidate authentications that have already been made for a license key even if there are more authentications for a key than what is now allowed. Note that if you are using a remote authentication database you must use the Authentication > Configure Server menu to upload any changes to parameters to the authentication server after you make them.
Javier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please correct me if I'm wrong. The Authentication parameters are global Product settings, regardless of the type of license. If so, what happens if I need to increase the MaxAuthentications value for only one specific client, but not for all? Is this possible?

Or what happens if the license is a network floating type? I guess the MaxAuthentications and MaxDeauthentications values don't have effect, right?
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to change the authentication limit for just one license key then select the license key and then use the Authentication > Set Limits menu to set the limits for that key.

For floating licenses the Max Authentications/ Max Deauthentications still have a role. They determine how many computers the license server can be installed (typically you would want this to only be one) and how many times the end user can transfer the server license to another computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: