Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bundle Edition - How?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juwi_uk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Bundle Edition - How? Reply with quote

Hi

I want to be able to include a promotional "voucher" with a piece of hardware shipped that allows the user to buy at discount rate with the piece of hardware.

I don't want to issue licenses up front!

I created a product variant with different price. I've created a PayPal item pointing to this. This all seems logical and I can now include the Paypal item url in the box with the bit of hardware.

Question I have though is there any way to protect against a person just leaking that PayPal item url onto the net such that people can buy without the hardware? Want to protect against this if I can.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need is a code that cannot easily be guess and can only be used once.....sounds a lot like a license key!

Seriously, I don't think you can easily do this without something similar to a license key. Since the validation of the code doesn't have to be done on the users system so you can use something much simpler, shorter and less secure then is required for a license key - for instance a serial number plus a hash (or some other simple algorithmic function) of the serial number.

You would then need some code on your server to check this before the sale is submitted to PayPal. If you are really paranoid about the security then you would also check that a user can't fake the purchase post to PayPal by passing through the security code to IPN.NET (using a custom paypal variable). You would need to purchase the IPN.NET source code so that you could modify it to also check the code was valid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: