Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duplicate transactions from PayPal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmunro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Duplicate transactions from PayPal Reply with quote

Having moved to a new hosting provider, I'm now getting duplicate transactions on every sale. The first one works well, emails sent to both myself and the customer. We both get a second email saying there was a duplicate transaction and there was a problem with the payment (not really). From what I have read this is usually caused by the ipn listener (IPN.NET) not responding quickly enough back to PayPal? Is there anything that can be done from with IPN.NET or is it a web site issue that I will have to pursue?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not struck this before. Are you sure you had the "Verify IPN Posts" option checked when you configured IPN.NET from License Tracker?

It would probably be worth turning on tracing and looking at the timing of the calls. It is also possible that there is something blocking the outbound verification POST back to PayPal.
nmunro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, verify posts is ON. I do think it is some sort of timing issue. Do you know what sort of delay PayPal has before it sends a second IPN if it does not receive a verification postback?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you testing this on the real PayPal site or the Sandbox?

The following post on the paypal community website might indicate the cause of the problem:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings-Archive/Paypal-repeats-identical-IPN-posts/td-p/465559

This indicates that the total time for the POST must be less than 30 seconds (including the time for the verification call back). I haven't seen this issue before (and our own PayPal handler has been running without any issues) so I think that the problem is more likely some due to some delay in your webserver either making the verification POST back or sending email. If you could enable trace this would give you timestamps which would help diagnose where the delay is.

If the delay really is in PayPal processing the verification callback then we may be able to modify the code in a similar way as suggested in the thread above.
nmunro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have a ticket in on the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: