Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HTTP 407 Proxy error when running from remote drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypehuman

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: HTTP 407 Proxy error when running from remote drive Reply with quote

When my exe is run from the local machine, it authenticates fine. When it is copied to a network drive and double-clicked from there, it fails to authenticate with an HTTP 407 error.

I took a look at the code and I don't understand why this should be the case. Nothing seems to use the executable's filepath, so I'm not sure why the behavior is different.

I am able to reproduce this consistently at in my own office with my network drive, and at a client's office with their network drive. It also works when running from an external local drive.

EDIT: I'm using ILS 5.10.1.0 with WPF
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.NET Assemblies run from a network share have reduced set of permissions. It is generally not a good idea to run .NET applications from network shares because of this. If you do really have to then it is possible to change the trust attributes of a particular network share using caspol.exe. See the following msdn thread for more information:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e4a65263-24f9-45a6-a2ad-6c26aae36075/how-to-run-net-executable-on-a-network-drive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: