Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Failed to decrypt using provider 'RsaProtectedConfiguration'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
statler

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Failed to decrypt using provider 'RsaProtectedConfiguration' Reply with quote

Hi guys

I have had my authentication server running no probs for years, then my hosting comp decides to migrate their servers. Now I get the following RsaProtectedConfiguration problem. Something to do with machine specific authentication I gather. I read the article elsewhere on your forum, but couldn't figure out how to fix it.

It is hosted remotely, uses SQL Server in standalone mode.

help! (please)

Server Error in '/authenticate' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Failed to decrypt using provider 'RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider: Bad Data.

Source Error:

Line 2: <configuration>
Line 3: <appSettings>
Line 4: <EncryptedData>
Line 5: <EncryptionMethod>
Line 6: <KeyInfo>

Source File: E:\HostingSpaces\statler\sentientsystems.com.au\wwwroot\authenticate\web.config Line: 4

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.8000; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.8001
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry we missed this post somehow so you may have already resolved this. This issue occurs if you have selected the option to encrypt your configuration (Web.Config) settings and then you (or your service provider) just copies the service binaries and encrypted Web.Config file to another machine. The encrypted file uses a machine specific key which means it can't be read on another machine. The solution is to upload the original (unencrypted) Web.Config and Install.aspx files that we supplied (installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Infralution\Licensing System 5\AuthenticationServer) and then run the Install.aspx in a browser again to setup your Authentication server database.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: