Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Invalid License Tracker Key" in license tracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: "Invalid License Tracker Key" in license tracker Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a license for ILS and I currently run version 5.0.
Since my app is a web client, I use the authentification service.
Now I got a new server (win2012 professional) and copied the
authentification service files to the new server and created a new IIS app.
The service seems to work since the call to http://myserver.com/myappname/AuthenticationService.asmx gives the expected output.

The next thing I tried was to configure my license tracker (running on my local dev pc) , and here is where I fail.

Entering the correct url for the authentification service on the new server in
"Authentification-Configure Server" and checking 'Remote Database" gives the following error:

"Error. Server was unable to process request ---> Invalid Tracker key ....."

Do I need to install a license key on the new server (if yes, how) or do I miss something ?

Hope one can help.
Regards
Hans-Juergen
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think from your other posts you have already found the answer to this. You need to run the Install.aspx page and select the "Reset Configuration Key" option. This error occurs if the License Tracker database you using to configure the authentication server is not the same one as was originally used to configure the server. The configuration key prevents someone else connecting to and configuring your server. The only question is why this has happened. Did you copy your authentication database (Authentication.mdb) from your old web server - or are you using a different License Tracker database instance? If you haven't copied your authentication database from your old server then you should select the "Upload authentication data" option when you configure the server to ensure that all current authentication data in the License Tracker database is uploaded to the authentication database.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: