Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deactivate License Behavior

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dopdahl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Deactivate License Behavior Reply with quote

Hi:

I've tried to deactivate licenses for a product that has an expiry date of 'none' and I get an error back from the server...

http://screencast.com/t/kNA5k2sMj

The server is running, however. Deactivate works fine for Licenses that do have an expiry date.

Should I just 'delete' those that I can't deactivate? How do I render them 'inactive'?

Thanks.
dopdahl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further reflection, it seems that only older Keys that I generated experience this issue.

I did change my 'Authentication Password' for the product half way through testing.

Could this be the issue?

In any event, what's the best way to kill those licenses? I tried to 'deactivate' and also to change the expiry date through the 'set limits' dialog.

The same error occurred in each instance.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes changing the Authentication Password after you have issued license keys will cause that problem. The license keys won't be able to be used so you don't really have to deactivate them. If you want to get rid of them out of your License Tracker database then you can do the following:

1. Use the Authentication > Configure Server menu and uncheck the Remote Database option

2. Select and Delete the keys

3. Use the Authentication > Configure Server menu and recheck the Remote Database option
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: