Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about authentication and floating licenses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbasniak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Question about authentication and floating licenses Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a question about floating licenses. I want a floating licensing system, but I don't want to have a web authentication service. The offline authentication solution is kinda inconvenient thinking on the clinet side. Because when they receive the license they can't use it, they must try to install, get the authentication error, save to a file, send the file to me, where I can authenticate on the License Tracker, send the file back to the client and only then they can use it.

Isn't any way to use a floating licensing system without this authentication step? Or at least authenticate it on the License Tracker before sending it to the client the 1st time?

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - you could modify the Floating License Server/Client sample to use simple encrypted licensing instead of authenticated licensing if you wanted. The only issue with this is that there is, by default, nothing to stop someone installing the simple encrypted license on multiple license servers. You could include information in the ProductInfo of the license (in addition to the number of floating licenses) that identifies the computer/company that you are licensing to. This works OK if you don't have a large number of customers.

Generally we don't have a problem with authenticated licensing. Only a very small percentage of customers need to manually authenticate (less than 1 percent) - but it may depend on your target demographic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: