Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make my web application with licence key ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aasai04

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: How to make my web application with licence key ? Reply with quote

I have web application, I would like to use your setup.
But i am not able to understand you way.

1. i want to make my web application with setup & licence key, is that possible ?
2.is that(Infralution) necessary to install on client machine ?
3.it should n't allow to install the some where without licence key or same key once again.

please confirm..

Thanks,
Aasai
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved this post to the Licensing Support forum (you had originally posted it in the Virtual Tree support forum).

1. Yes you can using Infralution Licensing System (ILS) to license web applications. ILS includes several sample projects that illustrate how to license web applications.

2. No you don't need ILS installed on client machines

3. If you use Authenticated Licensing then web application licenses are locked to the domain of the web page/service and a license key can only be used to license a single domain (or however many you permit).
aasai04

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I have tried with the following sample
A. Licensed ASP.NET Application - VS2010/2012
B. Authenticated ASP.NET Application - VS2010/2012

I have installed your setup on my server, then create product and then created license for this product.

Then get the string from product through "generate the validation parameters". i have used your string with your sample application.

Then i have run the sample A, it is asking key, so i gave the key. after it says "Application Licensed. Product Info: Test Me". Even i have deactive the key on your tool then run it even it says same success message.

Please clarify what i have did wrong with in your sample and then
what are the dll i want to add reference on my code ?
what are the assembly i want to add on my web config ?
how to download the dll from you ?

Actually i am would like to use your infralution in my sharepoint site. how to do on my sharepoint or sitecollection bak or wsp ?

Please help me.

thanks,
Aasai
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Licensed ASP.NET Application uses simple encrypted licenses. Deactivating these licenses has no effect because the application does not contact the authentication server to verify the license in this case. For Authenticated Licenses if you deactivate the license then the license will no longer be able to be authenticated on a different computer/website - but existing licenses which have already been authenticated will continue to work. If you want to check that an installed license has not been deactivated then you can add some code to call the AuthenticatedLicenseProvider.IsAuthenticated method to check with the Authentication Server. Obviously this will slow down the execution of your license check so you may not want to do it every time you load the license.

You add a reference to the Infralution.Licensing.ASP assembly. This is found in bin directory under the installation directory (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Infralution\Licensing System 5\Bin).

I'm not sure about your sharepoint question as we don't really have sharepoint expertise.
aasai04

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again,

Now i have tried with "Authenticated ASP.NET Application - VS2010/2012"

I have created product with authenticated license.
is there anything will i want to add or mention it ?

then, i have tried to create license key, there itself
what i want to give an authentication data field ?

Now i have little more clear, i can use your dll for namespace, class, events & methods.

can you send me step by step document for authentication .net application ?
because still am not able to understand how it(ils) is communicate with my apps.

i think, you have used to check this url "<AuthenticationServerURL>http://localhost:2142/AuthenticationService.asmx</AuthenticationServerURL>" is that right ?

please give more details..

Thanks,
Aasai
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Authenticated Data to store what ever information you want in the license and retrieve it when the application runs.

The help (use the Help > Reference menu in License Tracker) contains step by step instructions in the section "Getting Started" and instructions specific to ASP.NET applications in "Licensing ASP.NET Applications".
aasai04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get anything from your reply. send as a link here.
&
I am getting the error, when i am going create key for authenticated license.

my input is expiry date is today & product info Test1

Error:-
An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the authentication server for product(Test1). ensure the authentication server is running.

how to check it is authenticated server ?
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no link to the Help. The help file is installed when you install Infralution Licensing System. To access the help run License Tracker and the select the "Reference" menu item from within the "Help" menu.

The reason you are getting that error is most likely because you have not started the local authentication server running on your machine. The help describes how to do this.
aasai04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I have followed each step by help doc. until problem in create license key. Because still i am getting the error with "authentication service running", even i have started the "Start local Authentication Service for sample projects"

Error:- system.web.services.protocols.soapexception: server was unable to process request. --> system.argumentexception: Sample is not valid a product name

Please advice.
aasai04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i use your sample authenticated product, i didn't get any error, when i am creating license key. then key validated well also.

what is the difference between your sample & me ?

One more thing, now i have started the "Start local Authentication Service for sample projects" for trial version.

if i purchase the ils, what i want to do alternate for about thing?
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The authentication server has (by default) its own database. This allows it to be deployed on web servers which don't have access to the License Tracker database. The error is because you have not uploaded the Product data for your new "Sample" Product to the authentication server. To upload the product data you must use the Authentication > Configure Server menu in License Tracker after you create or change a product. This displays a dialog that allows you to enter or change the URL of the authentication server. Just use the default options ie "Remote Database" should be checked but the other two options should be unchecked.
aasai04

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have domain registered server with sql, even i am not able to understand how to use configure authentication url ?

You have used the following url for your sample authenticated product.
http://localhost:2142/AuthenticationService.asmx

But i am not able to use my sample product for this above url.

can you explain, what you have done on "AuthenticationService.asmx"
what i want to do for my sample product in trail version & license version ?

Please advise,

Thanks,
Aasai
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what you are trying to do.

If you want to use the Authentication Server running on your local development machine then you need to use the Authentication > Configure Server menu to update the server for the Product you added.

The local Authentication Server is really only for local testing (ie you can only authenticate licenses on the same PC that is running the server).

If you have progressed passed this point and want to install the server on a real web server with a real URL then you first need to upload the Authentication Service to your webserver and configure it as described in the help section "Deploying and Configuring the Authentication Server".
aasai04

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using trail version now.I am getting the following error:-

"The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."

when i am using this code on my web application

AuthenticatedLicense license = _licenseProvider.AuthenticateKey(key);

if i debug your sample application it is working good.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Aasai
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This error indicates your website may be configured to require Microsoft IIS authentication (see this MSDN article) which means you need to login to access the site. The Infralution Authentication Server does not work under IIS authentication.

You may have done this in the Web.Config for the Authentication Server or in the root Web.Config for the website. Note that you also must configure the directory containing the Authentication Server binaries as a Virtual Directory (or Application Root).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: