Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make my web application with licence key ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error with resources really has nothing to do with the license key - except that there is probably an issue with that key (it is not a valid key or it has already been installed more times than allowed perhaps). If the key is not valid for some reason then default error handling for ILS will attempt to write an error message (for ASP.NET it writes to the trace log). In this case it gets the error message from the resources - which is failing for some reason. I think the reason is that the line of code is incorrect. If you send me a zipped copy of your DLL and your LicenseResources.Designer.cs file I will fix it for you.
aasai04

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, i will give you dll as soon as possible.

how to check key is valid or not in ils tool ?
i am not able to see any option like there.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In License Tracker, use Authentication > Import Data from Server menu to import authentication data. Then use Filter > License Keys menu to find the license key. Expand the license key and check how many computers it has been installed on.
aasai04

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost I have done with your support. Everything working perfectly.
I want to know some more thing.
suppose the user enter the license key again after some other day in my web app, How i want to check this license already verified ?

Now i have used the following code for verification:-

AuthenticatedLicense license1 = _licenseProvider.AuthenticateKey(key);

if (license1 != null)
{
_licenseProvider.InstallLicense(license1);

}

Here itself i want to check condition for key is already authenticated so & so product. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Aasai
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You should be calling AuthenticatedLicenseProvider.GetLicense() to get the currently installed license if any. You can check with the authentication server that an existing license is still authenticated (ie has not been transferred to another computer or deactivated by you) by having your application call the AuthenticatedLicenseProvider.IsAuthenticated(). Note that this is a blocking call so you would normally do this on another thread to avoid blocking your application.
aasai04

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Client server have different port, they have installed license for port 80.
when they are going to install the license key for another port,
the following method won't allow
AuthenticatedLicense license = _licenseProvider.GetLicense();
if (license != null)
Because it's getting any license on the server. if i am not use above method, install method correctly run for another port also.

But if they give right information, everything working perfectly. suppose if they give port 80 license for anther port, it is validated there also.

How to check the particular license installed for the particular port(web app) within single server ?

Please confirm, is there any way to handle ?

Thanks,
Aasai
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For web applications the license is locked by default to the name of the server only (not the port). If you want to lock to a specific port then you would need to inherit from AuthenticatedLicenseProvider and override the GetComputerID to include the port. If you wanted to be able to install multiple licenses on a single server (for different ports) then you would need to also make the license file name depend on the port. You could do this by passing a different name to the constructor - based on the port or by overriding the GetLicenseFilePath to add the port to the file name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: