Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about user product upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Copernicus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Question about user product upgrade Reply with quote

Hi,

My company wants to sell a software insurance which would grant users a free upgrade from one version to the next if the product was still valid upon release.

I have been looking through the documentation and code of the Infralution Licensing System and could not find a proper way of upgrading a user from 1 product to another. Sure there is the IsUpgrade parameter but there doesn't seem to be a way to link 2 IDs together. I found the SaleUpgrade table in the database but could not find any code linked to it.

so my question is: Is there a way to upgrade a sale from 1 product to another with the most up to date version of the licensing system?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sale Upgrade feature in license tracker allows you to offer a discount for customers upgrading from one product to another. You can then link the new upgrade Sale to the previous Sale using the Edit > Link Upgraded to/from Sales menu. This allows you to track which purchases have already been upgraded and find the associated sale.

Typically the above mechanism is used if you create a new Product (with different license parameters) in License Tracker for each major new version of the Product which requires a paid upgrade. If you are using this approach and want to offer customers a free upgrade (because they purchased within a given time period) then you would need to provide those customers with a new license key.

An alternative approach is to use some form of subscription licensing where you set an Expiry Date for license keys.
Copernicus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thank you very much.

There is just 1 problem on our end regarding the upgrade then, after creating a sale upgrade and saving it. The only option I can perform is "go to upgraded sale".

I did the following steps:

1. Create upgrade sale
2. Tick : "Upgrade"
3. Generate license key
4. Save sale
5. Select my sale in the tracker
6. Click on "Edit" to view my options

Is there a step I am missing? Or is it a bug perhaps?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To link the two sales you must select both (use the control key while clicking the second sale). Then the Link Upgraded to/from Sales menu will be enabled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: