Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google Auto Translate not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Google Auto Translate not Working Reply with quote

If you are having issues with the Google Auto Translate function not working here is the reason why.

Google have decided to make their Translate API a paid service (see http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/v2/getting_started.html#auth) - unfortunately they just forgot to tell their application developers about that. So the reason auto translate using Google is not working or working sometimes ss that they are throttling the number of translations requests they will process. It looks like they will cease to function as a free service from 1 Dec 11. We will have a look and see if we can still support them as a paid translation service by allowing users to enter their own registration details (and paying for their own translation accounts). In the meantime we suggest you use Bing.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3.1.0 of Globalizer has just been released and includes support for using the new paid Google translation service.

To use this you must setup a Google billing account and obtain an Translation API key. You then enter this key into Globalizer using the Auto Translation tab in the Options dialog.

Details of the Google Translation service pricing and links to obtain an API key can be found at:

http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/v2/pricing.html

Pricing is very reasonable at $20 per million characters.
bdwyer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm receiving 400 (Bad Request) messages while trying to use google translate to Filipino. I'm pretty sure everything is configured correctly (I was getting 403 messages until I figured out the right key to use.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Globalizer are you using?
Are you able to translate other languages?

I just checked translating to Filipino from English using Google (with Version 3.4.0 of Globalizer and had no issues.
manlyboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdwyer wrote:
I'm receiving 400 (Bad Request) messages while trying to use google translate to Filipino. I'm pretty sure everything is configured correctly (I was getting 403 messages until I figured out the right key to use.

Well, what is the right key to use because I'm at the same stage as you buit it's not working for any language.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have setup your Google Translation API account the API Key can be found in "API Access" section labelled "API Key"
manlyboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Once you have setup your Google Translation API account the API Key can be found in "API Access" section labelled "API Key"

We must have different accounts.

I am successfully using:

For added spice, have a read of how they describe the use of this key Sad
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is now working OK for you?

It looks like Google have several different ways of getting to and looking at the same data. I was able to find my API key under the Google cloud console also - even though I registered it through the Google APIs Console which looks quite different. They also seem to allow you to register different types of API keys. My API keys is registered as a Browser key with the description "Use this for accessing data not associated with an account from a browser". Which does really make a lot of sense either.
manlyboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it's now working Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: