Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

removing a string translation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlyboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: removing a string translation Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm in evaluation mode and having trouble finding out how to do something that should be simple Very Happy

I have created two Cultures to translate to - En-US and EN-AU . I translated something into both the text fields and ran the program. Works well.

Now I changed my mind and want the EN-AU translation for that string to use the Invariant string. Deleting the EN-AU entry just leaves it blank. How do I 'delete' or 'remove' a translation for a text string and save the project.

Just to spice things up, when I click Start Application and select Invariant, the text field is blank. Same when I select EN-AU (which is probably as expected). When I select EN-US, I get the translation I entered for EN-US.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that there is a difference between a translated empty string and an untranslated string. If you edit the cell, select the text and delete it then you may have inadvertantly created an empty text. To delete a translation and revert to untranslated you should select the cell (without clicking twice to start editing) and then press the Delete Key to delete it. The translation status should change from a green translated symbol to a hollow untranslated symbol. Then when you build the project resources and and compile and rerun the translation should be gone.
manlyboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
To delete a translation and revert to untranslated you should select the cell (without clicking twice to start editing) and then press the Delete Key to delete it.

Thank you for the quick response.

As a first time user I am not fully aware of the products menu system and I eventually discovered the icon task bar is not merely a reflection of the dropdown menu's.

May I suggest that the "Delete Translation Value" function also be included in the "Translation" menu drop down selector. Naturally it will no longer make any difference to me as "once discovered - never forgotten" Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: