Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Floating License Utility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmunro

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Floating License Utility Reply with quote

I've created a stand alone app to display information about an installed floating license server. It currently reports the serial number and the maximum number of floating licenses supported by the license server.

I would like to enable a listing of the clients currently using licenses from the server. I'm not quite sure how to go about getting a reference to the LicenseServer() class associated with the running license server. If I do get this, the List<FloatingLicense> property (_activeLicenses) does not seem to have a public interface. Would there be any issue with adding a property to the class to expose this?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't see any issue with adding such a property. You would need to add it to the ILicenseServre interface and implement it in the LicenseServer class). The compile and run the server with metadata.HttpGetEnabled temporarily set to true (in OnStart) then you will be able to use the Update Service Reference menu in the client application project to update the the License proxy.
nmunro

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Any tips on how to get a reference to the running license service?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as above you need to set metadata.HttpGetEnabled to true in OnStart. Then run the server (easiest just to run from the command line with the /r argument). You should then be able to open the client application project right click on the LicenseService reference (under Service References) and select Update Service Reference.
nmunro

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, it works very nicely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: