Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Select WPF design time culture" non-functional in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakubbukaj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: "Select WPF design time culture" non-functional in Reply with quote

Hi,
"Select WPF design time culture" app is totally non-functional in VS 2012.
I have invariant culture (set as en-us), czech, Slovak and special en-us localization. Changing culture in WPF design time culture is not reflected in VS 2012 designer. I noticed there is already other related post in forum but still – do you plan to fix this?

Thanks,

VS2012 Prof, WPF project, Win 7 64bit
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is really a bug in the Visual Studio 2012 designer and there is little that we can do to workaround the problem. See the Code Project thread for more detail:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/35159/WPF-Localization-Using-RESX-Files?msg=4387235#xx4387235xx
CMarinacci

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be an issue in VS 2013 as well. Has Microsoft indicated any interest in fixing it?

Thanks,

Chris
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the Update 1 of 2013?

Apparently some people have reported some changes in the way XDesProx works in Update 1:

http://www.beta.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/775117/build-assembly-locked-by-microsof

I will take a look at the issue again with VS2013 Update 1.
CMarinacci

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm using Update 1.

Thanks,

Chris
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue has been reported to Microsoft by the author of another open source localization extension similar to ResxExtension (which has the same issue). See the following link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/a68b56f8-d14d-47c0-b253-633cd2629249/visual-studio-2012-wpf-designer-satellite-assemblies?forum=wpf

I suggest that everyone experiencing this issue add their voice to that thread. I will see if there is any workaround for the issue.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken a look at this and I think it may be possible to implement a work around by implementing an AssemblyResolve handler within the ResxExtension to manually load the satellite assemblies when running inside the Visual Studio designer process. I should have something you can try in the next few days.
CMarinacci

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

Thank you for your persistence on this.

Chris
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a new version of the Infralution.Localization.Wpf assembly to the at Code Project article . This implements the workaround I discussed - I've also updated the section in the article on Changing the Design Time Culture to discuss the requirements for supporting Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and Expression Blend.

The update also fixes another annoyance. The notification tray icon is now removed properly when the Visual Studio project is closed.

The Infralution.Localization.Wpf assembly shipped with Globalizer will be updated in the next release to include this fix.
CMarinacci

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works great!

Thanks,

Chris
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has now been released in Version 3.6.2 of Globalizer. In addition there is a new menu on the Notification Tray icon that allows you to exit/restart the XDesPro designer process. This means that if you make changes to the resources and rebuild the project you can now see the changes without having to manually kill XDesProc
CMarinacci

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's something funky going on with the Notification Tray icon. First, I installed 3.6.2 without uninstalling the previous version. The culture switching worked, but there was no new menu item. I uninstalled 3.6.2 and installed it again. This time the culture switching didn't work, and there wasn't a new menu item.

The uninstalling/installing was done with Visual Studio not running.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your project may still have a reference to the old Infralution.Localization.Wpf assembly. Are you using the sample projects or your own? If using the sample projects then you may need to uninstall Globalizer then delete the Program Files/Infralution/Globalizer directory then reinstall. If you changed the samples previously they may not get overwritten when installing over the top. For you own projects delete the reference to Infralution.Localization.Wpf and re-add it.
CMarinacci

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the problem.

Thanks,

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: