Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Error message Reply with quote

I got the following error message when I try to authenticate a license file for a customer. I checked the parameters in my application and they match the License Tracker parameters. Please advise.
Quote:
Error: Server was unable to process request. ----> Operation must use an updatable query.
Javier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an additional information, I use Access as standalone backend and ILS 6.3. I renamed the URL where the authentication server resides. Do I need to re-configure the authentication server? Please note that in the following thread you didn't include this step, and I just updated the license parameters in my application. Thank you. http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2532
Javier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. ILS 4.6.3
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This error is probably because you have not set write permissions for web applications on the Authentication Server App_Data directory.
Javier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, actually I didn't change anything of the old configuration, which was working fine. The hoisting and the Authenticate folder remain exactly the same. I only changed the URL that points to that hoisting server. From License Tracker I can Import Data from Server without problem. The problem arises when you try to authenticate a license. I uploaded the AuthenticationServerSettings.xml file and forced the server to restart, trying to find the solution myself, but it didn't help. Any idea or suggestion? Thank you.
Javier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little bit embarrasing. I just double checked the permissions of the folder and for some reason they were set to not to write, even when I changed them last week. Anyway, thank you for the quick and correct diagnostic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: