Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decryption Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattDaniels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Decryption Error Reply with quote

Hi there

Following an Infralution upgrade combined with a hard disk failure I've got into a bit of a pickle with the Licence Tracker.

IPN is still working and customers are authenticating their licences with no issues, but when I try and import authentications I get the error:

"An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the Authentication Server for Product "X". Ensure that the Authentication Service is running. Do you wish to continue?
Error: Server was unable to process request --> Decryption error - check your licence parameters are up to date".

What have I done wrong? Confused
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of ILS and IPN.NET are you using?
Did you upgrade the Authentication Service (on your website) after upgrading License Tracker on your local computer?
MattDaniels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have two Licence Tracker clients - 4.7.10 and 5.7.0.0.

The Decryption error is thrown by 4.7.10. If I use 5.7.0.0 I get "invalid product name" when trying to get authentications - even though the product name is correct.

I upgraded the server to 5, I haven't touched IPN (and this is the only bit thats working!).

It's all a bit of a mess and good lesson that taking backups is not enough you should actually try and restore from them now and again to make sure it works. Crying or Very sad
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't run 4.7.10 and 5.7.0 simultaneously and connect to the same authentication server. If you have upgraded the authentication server to 5.7.0 (by uploading the binaries to your website and running the Install.aspx page from a browser) then you will have to connect to it using 5.7.0.

The most likely reason you are getting an "Invalid Product Name" error is because you haven't use the Authentication > Configure Server menu in License Tracker to upload the product configuration to the server. See the following FAQ on the steps you should have taken to upgrade from version 4 to version 5.

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2404

I think that if you run the Authentication > Configure Server and select the Upload Authentication Data option you should be able to get it working.
MattDaniels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for the rapid responses. I did follow the instructions for the upgrade but ran in to an exception. I've just done Configure Server again and get the same exception :
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your exception details did not show up in the forum post. Can you email it to support@infralution.com.

Quote:
I did follow the instructions for the upgrade but ran in to an exception

When did you get an exception? Upgrading License Tracker database or the Authentication database? Can you remember the details?

Are you using Access or SQL Server as the backend database?
MattDaniels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I can see the image, not sure whats going on. Have sent it via email.

The exception happens when I follow your instruction above, In Licence Tracker 5.7.0.0 I click Authentication -> Configure server. I've tried all combinations of the check boxes on and off and it makes no difference. Database is a local mdb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: