Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License error with registry access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcwiese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: License error with registry access Reply with quote

Currently, in our application, we have the user login to our application as them selves, but based on the configuration, the application may call CreateProcessAsUser() (via the Win32 API funtion). When the new process lauches, the EvalMonitor (?) class reports that the license has expired (note: this is our translation of the 'license is invalid'). I believe that this is due to the fact that it has a problem accessing certain registry keys as UserB while logged in as UserA.

Any ideas / suggestions on how to solve this?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a minimum the evaluation monitor class requires permission to access the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive of the registry. You will get more obscurity if it has access to the KEY_CLASSES_ROOT - but it is not required.
jcwiese@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: EncryptedLicenseProvider.ValidateLicenseKey() Reply with quote

It seems that EncryptedLicenseProvider.ValidateLicenseKey() is returning null even though it is passed a valid key (I put in a Trace statement to verify this). Do you have any ideas why this would return null?
jcwiese@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE: I called

EncryptedLicenseProvider.SetParameters(LICENSE_PARAMETERS);

... right before the ValidateLicenseKey(), so I know that this value is passed each time.
jcwiese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Error: CryptoAPI cryptographic service provider (CSP) for th Reply with quote

Ok, it seems that I've tracked it down, the following error is occurring:

Error: CryptoAPI cryptographic service provider (CSP) for this implementation could not be acquired.
at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider..ctor(Int32 dwKeySize, CspParameters parameters, Boolean useDefaultKeySize)
at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider..ctor()
at Infralution.Licensing.EncryptedLicenseProvider.LoadLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, String licenseKey) in c:\src\infralution 2.1.2\source\infralution.licensing\encryptedlicenseprovider.cs:line 618

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I figured it out. The whole problem is because Infralution is desinged to use the USER's profile for the RSA keys as noted in :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q322371/

However, if I change lines 616 - 621 in EncryptedLicenseProvider.cs to the following, it works just fine:

// validate that the password matches what the client is expecting
//
CspParameters cspParams = new CspParameters();
cspParams.Flags = CspProviderFlags.UseMachineKeyStore;

RSACryptoServiceProvider rsa = new RSACryptoServiceProvider( cspParams );
rsa.FromXmlString(_rsaParameters);
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version of the code actually does set the UseMachineKeyStore flag in Environment.Interactive is false which is generally when you can't use the users profile. You should have received this by email if you are a customer.
jcwiese@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Change to API? Reply with quote

I can understand why you might want to use this value when the Environment.Interactive is false, but in my case, this value is true and I want to login as one user but run a process as another user in the same session (ie CreateProcessAsUser http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/createprocessasuser.asp)

Can you supply a modification to the API to use the machine flag in all cases when the RSACryptoServiceProvider class is used?

By the way, I am a paid customer, but I forgot my login for this site.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will look at this for the next release. In the meantime your mod should work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: