Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lock translation for specific culture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheitman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Lock translation for specific culture Reply with quote

Hi.

Currently I have 2 Globalizer projects. One with 4 languages and one with a single one. The reason is that the file containing the single one language is translated by our customer and they have a subset of the full product. However I would like to manage all languages in one file.
So currently I have a lot of excluded projects and excluded translation entries in that one file.
Do you think it makes sense to add a feature where you can exclude or lock the translation for s specific culture? this way I could merge them all in one project.

Kind regards
Sven
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case I tend to export the workspace for that culture then open the exported workspace and remove the targets which are required for that translator. I can see however if you have a lot of targets (or translations to remove) that this may be awkward. Perhaps a better way would be able to specify that that a target should be excluded when exporting selected cultures. Would this be suifficient or do you really think you need control at a translation level?
sheitman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
In this case I tend to export the workspace for that culture then open the exported workspace and remove the targets which are required for that translator. I can see however if you have a lot of targets (or translations to remove) that this may be awkward. Perhaps a better way would be able to specify that that a target should be excluded when exporting selected cultures. Would this be suifficient or do you really think you need control at a translation level?

I think some filter for export would work as I use this to create the file for the translators. But it should be usable in a similar way I can exclude something currently. Also some filter for the grid could be useful so I can hide the entries on demand.

Well do you think at all something like that would be doable or useful at all also for other users?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have a think about how we could best handle this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: