Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Invalid License Tracker Key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legaultrm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Invalid License Tracker Key Reply with quote

I have not accessed our IPN.NET server in a while, but when I got to Configure IPN.NET Server to update some pricing, I get an error. The error is "Error: Server was unable to process request. ---> Invalid License Tracker Key.

How can i fix this?

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This error occurs if you changed the License Tracker configuration key by selecting the "Use New Configuration Key" option when configuring the IPN.NET without first resetting the IPN.NET Server to allow it to accept the new key. The fix is to upload and run the IPN.NET Server Install.aspx page again and select the "Reset Configuration Key" option.

In older versions of ILS if you selected the "Use New Configuration Key" option you were not warned that this would require you to do this - so customers would sometimes select this option by mistake (generally the option does not need to be used). The current version of ILS prompts the user as to whether they really want to select the option.
Kccool2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Will re-installing using Install.aspx delete my current.. Reply with quote

Will re-installing using Install.aspx delete my current database?

I'm a bit worried as I'm having this same error, I've been away for a while, and now I come back, and I get this error too.

If I re-install the IPN.NET server using the Install.aspx from the "ipn" folder from the IPN.NET install, and then select the same database method, will it overwrite my current one and wipe all my current customers, purchases, serials etc?

Thank you. Smile
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - resetting the configuration key will not delete your existing database. You may want to work out why this has happened however as it shouldn't just happen. The most likely reason is you have installed License Tracker on a new machine without copying the old database. The new License Tracker database doesn't have the matching configuration key. If this is the case you should probably try and locate your old License Tracker database and use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: