Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error (The number of installations allowed for this license

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toofnevil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Error (The number of installations allowed for this license Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with our license key.

I installed IPN.NET server with our license key and it installed fine.

Then I ran IPN.NET Test Tool and it came up with a nag screen so I put in the license code in and the nag went away and it works fine.

Now my IPN.NET server is coming up in evaluation mode again.
I ran install.aspx again to re-enter the license code and get this error:

Error (The number of installations allowed for this license key has been exceeded. ) installing IPN.NET 3 License Key

Did the Test Tool steal the license from the server? Do I need one license for the server and a different one for the Test Tool?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did the Test Tool steal the license from the server? Do I need one license for the server and a different one for the Test Tool?

No we allow two authentications for IPN.NET (one for your development machine and one for your server). The server is licensed based on the domain of the URL used to access the page - so you should always access the page through the same URL domain. If you installed the license be accessing the page through a local URL and then try to use it through a public URL you would find that the installed license would not be valid. Then if you try to install the license for the public URL this may fail because you have already authenticated the license on two different computers. If you email support@infralution.com with details of your license key we can help you resolve this.
toofnevil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. I now know what the issue is. Due to a merger we have a second domain aliased to our webpage. It was the aliased domain that was coming up as evaluation, when using the original domain name the IPN comes up licensed. So all I needed to do was change the IPN URL config and we are working fine now. Thanks for the quick response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: