Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

evaluationMonitor.Invalid is giving me a hard time in one pc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i2s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: evaluationMonitor.Invalid is giving me a hard time in one pc Reply with quote

Hi there, I am using ILS to check if someone is entitled for an update by putting a date in the product info. to do this I check to see if the user is messing with the clock by calling evaluationMonitor.Invalid.

We have numerous installations and only people who had messed with their clock had the application locked. (by the way when th the invalid flag reset?)

I one particular pc in one company with like 15 installations, the evaluation monitor is always invalid!

I had (one at a time) them replace the cmos battery, stop windows from syncrinising the clock, uninstalled and installed the license key several times, reset the evaluation monitor with a utility (this worked for two days and then locked again).

I only have remote control of the system, I can't visit in person.

How can I trouble shoot this? Are there any details about this Invalid mechanism that I should know and you think may help?

I guess I can ask for a format or to have the pc send at our HQ if needed.

Thanks in advance

Aris
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of ILS are you using?
If you are including the code in your project what version is the code?
i2s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: version 4.7.1.0 Reply with quote

v4.7.1.0 on the license tracker about form

>If you are including the code in your project what version is the code?
Sorry I don't understand the question. do you need to see my code?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you including the source code for the licensing classes directly in your code or are you referencing the Infralution.Licensing assembly?

If you are including the source then what version of the source code did you download and use?
i2s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am referencing the dll which is the same version: 4.7.1.0
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only condition that sets the Invalid flag is if the EvaluationMonitor.LastUseDate is actually later than the current date (ie the user has wound back the clock since the last time the application was run). My guess is that on this particular PC the clock was wound a long way forward and then the application ran. Then they have set the clock back.

The Invalid flag will be cleared once the current date is later than the recorded LastUseDate. Alternatively you can Reset the the Evaluation data. See the following FAQ on how to do this:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=272
i2s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer.

I have already reset the evaluation monitor before posting to you. I will ask them to replace the PC. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks again
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I see now in your first post you mentioned that you had reset and that it worked again for a few days. That is quite strange and I think indicates that the user must be changing the clock on the machine. I can't see any other reason why this should work for a while and then just start having issues.

One thing you could try is to have your program output the LastUseDate and current Date. This may give you some indication of what exactly has happened and why the Invalid flag has been set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: