Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minor Issues and Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rene

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Minor Issues and Questions Reply with quote

1) Curiosity Question: Your C# sample code overrides the OnLoad Event of the form, why? What’s going on behind the scene that requires a method override rather than simply using the standard OnLoad event for example? Just curious.

2) Curiosity Question: Are the DaysInUse written to a registry key that requires you to be logged with Administrative privileges?

3) Problem: If your website domain name is long enough (like ours) the link name will cover the OK button on the license installer form (the form that prompts the user to key in their license key). I think it would be best if you move the website Link to be on top of the text box so there is plenty of more space.

4) Suggestion: While looking for copy protection software, I ran across some site that had a little vide on how their application works. After watching this small videos it was esay to realize how easy was to use their product and made you want to buy them! I think you guys should create a small video showing just that so people realize that is extremely simple to implement copy protection with your solution.

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Minor Issues and Questions Reply with quote

Rene wrote:
1) Curiosity Question: Your C# sample code overrides the OnLoad Event of the form, why? What’s going on behind the scene that requires a method override rather than simply using the standard OnLoad event for example? Just curious.

There's nothing magical going on here. Microsoft recommends overriding the OnEvent methods rather than attaching an event handler when handling an event within the object that originates it. Events are intended for external clients - overriding the OnEvent method is just a bit more efficient and uses less memory. For old VB6 programmers this is a bit of a change.

Quote:
2) Curiosity Question: Are the DaysInUse written to a registry key that requires you to be logged with Administrative privileges?

The EvaluationMonitor does use the registry to store data - but it handles the possibility it may not have Admin priveleges and will use an area of the registry it can access.

Quote:
3) Problem: If your website domain name is long enough (like ours) the link name will cover the OK button on the license installer form (the form that prompts the user to key in their license key). I think it would be best if you move the website Link to be on top of the text box so there is plenty of more space.

You can derive a new form from our LicenseInstallForm class and move things around yourself. We also supply full source for the LicenseInstallForm (along with other DLL classes) when you purchase - so you can simply customize this to fit your needs.

Quote:
4) Suggestion: While looking for copy protection software, I ran across some site that had a little vide on how their application works. After watching this small videos it was esay to realize how easy was to use their product and made you want to buy them! I think you guys should create a small video showing just that so people realize that is extremely simple to implement copy protection with your solution.

Thanks for the suggestion. We admit that marketing is not our strong point - but we are working on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Minor Issues and Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

You can derive a new form from our LicenseInstallForm class and move things around yourself. We also supply full source for the LicenseInstallForm (along with other DLL classes) when you purchase - so you can simply customize this to fit your needs.

I don't agree. Our domain name is not that terrible long (22 character) so I think your form should account for large domain names by default.

And no, I don't want to touch any of the code, the last think I (and any other developer) want is to have something more to worry about. What would happen if you issue a bug fix? Am I going to have to redo everything again? Forget it, I rather simply copy and paste the new code and get it over with rather than having to remember what a heck did I do the last time so I can make the changes again.

What’s the big deal anyway, just move the domain link control a little more to the left or even better put it centered on top of the textbox. Is not like the license installer form looks so beautiful right now that it would be a shame to tamper with it! When it comes to license installer, it’s about functionality not about looks Very Happy
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no problem with making more room for the domain name in our default LicenseInstallForm. I was just pointing out that you could implement this now yourself. The LicenseInstallForm is a very simple form to allow basic entry of license keys. It basically just makes calls to the Licensing classes to validate and install the license. So any changes we might make to the licensing system logic are unlikely to have any impact on the LicenseInstallForm.

Many of our customers choose to write their own License Install Forms (or customize the existing one) anyway to get the exact look and feel they want (which is in general a highly subjective thing) or to add branding or additional features.
Rene

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you are right. I just got the source code so its play time!!

Thanks
dcvchicago

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Minor Issues and Questions Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. We admit that marketing is not our strong point - but we are working on it.

At the risk of 'gilding the lilly', I'd have to disagree with that. I've done a Google search on 'Infralution', and you have really done a good job of placing your products where they need to appear. Infralution is one of the models we're going to use in marketing some new products on the web.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback - we are working on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: