Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

authenticate new version of a product?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: authenticate new version of a product? Reply with quote

hello to all,

we have infralution licensing + ipn running and have sold much keys of our product called "ourproduct 2.1". it's a authenticated license. the key will be sent to customer automatically after buying over paypal.

now we have done an update for this product and set the version number in .net from 2.1 to 3.1 (the app hash string is not updated. its the same).

when i install the new version, it says the key is false, cause its for 2.1 version, not for 3.1.

how must i set up the licence tracker product, that the key is still valid for this new version? or have i done a mistake on code side? i have all let the same in code, only changed in the .net setup the version number to 3.1 nothing else.

we want, that a already existing customer can use his key again, but also can buy the new version regulary for the price.

thanks in advance and greetings.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that your Product Name was "ourproduct 2.1" and you changed it to "ourproduct 3.1"?

You should not change the Product name once you have shipped code that uses that product (ie the LICENSE_PARAMETERS with that Product Name). If you do then when customers attempt to use the code compiled against the old parameters they will no longer be able to install their license keys.

If you have created a new version that you want existing customers to pay to upgrade then typically you should just create a totally new Product in License Tracker (with different product passwords) - but leave the existing product. If this is the case for you then I would recommend that you rename your existing product back and create a new product.

It is probably not a good idea to include the minor version number in the Product Name unless you intend on charging for minor upgrades (eg from 2.1 to 2.2).
Javier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you mean that your Product Name was "ourproduct 2.1" and you changed it to "ourproduct 3.1"?

Where do you change the Product Name? I change the version of my products all the time without any problem. Where exactly does this problem may occur? I think he meant that his product name is "ourproduct" and the version is 2.1, not "ourproduct 2.1".
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he meant that the name of his product in License Tracker was "ourproduct 2.1" - but we will have to wait for him to clarify.

There is no issue changing the version of your product if you haven't included the version in the product name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: