Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem configuring IPN server when deployed to my website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elloura

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Problem configuring IPN server when deployed to my website Reply with quote

Hi
I'm currently evaluating ILS and IPN.net. I've deployed ILS to my website and have got everything working correctly for that. I've tested IPN.net locally and have been able to get everything working correctly. I've just deployed IPN.Net to my website and I've installed the server. When I test that IPN is running I get the welcome webpage with the evaluation message. When i go to the next step which is configuring the IPN.Net server I enter my URL where I have installed the IPN server and have left all my other details as they were for testing locally. When I click OK I get the window titled configuring IPN.Net server and showing Uploading Product Data and then I get the following error message:
An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the IPN.NET server. Ensure that the IPN.Net service is running. Error: Server was unable to process request->Bad Data.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When testing locally did you use the Access database or configure for SQL Server?

I'm assuming you are not connecting directly to your License Tracker database (ie you are using the standalone IPN.NET database - is that correct).

One possibility is that you configured IPN.NET locally for SQL and selected the Encrypt Connection details option, then you uploaded the resultant web.config to the server. Because each machine uses its own encryption key this could cause this type of error.

Try uploading and running the IPN.NET Install.aspx page to configure the database. At the completion tick the "Reset Configuration Key" option - this will ensure it is not an issue with the key being used by License Tracker not matching that stored in the IPN.NET database.
Elloura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got it working. I had my own products entered into the license tracker. I deleted these and only have the sample products and now everything is working fine. I have posted the data using the IPN test tool and I've received both emails and everything looks OK. Was my problem because I'm only evaluating I haven't bought the product yet?

When testing locally i have used the Access database and i am not connecting directly to the License Tracker database.

thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the problem was related to evaluating - but glad to hear its working for you now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: