Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to install IPN license on remote server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Unable to install IPN license on remote server Reply with quote

Modified the web.config with 1and1's published proxy info and still getting the error. Any thoughts?

"Error (Unable to connect to the remote server) installing IPN.NET 3 License Key"

<system>
<defaultProxy>
<proxy>
</defaultProxy>
</system>
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error indicates that IPN.NET running on your host is unable to connect to the Infralution Authentication Server. I've just checked and our Authentication Server is running normally.

If this is still the case we could authenticate your license manually. Just email support@infralution.com and provide your license key and the URL at which you are installing IPN.NET. However the fact that your server is having problems connecting to our public authentication URL probably indicates an issue that you need to resolve by talking to 1 and 1 - as it may cause other issues (eg IPN.NET needs to post back to paypal to verify payments).
MPR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their response was to try the proxy which I already had, so I gave up... Just switched it to godaddy and it worked perfectly the first time.

Now off to switch the authentication over to the new domain Smile

Thanks!
MPR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so after giving up on 1and1 and dealing with godaddy and their horribly overloaded servers for the last few months I have switched back to 1and1. Although I had to get the IPN license authenticated manually, everything seems to be working perfectly with paypals notification emails to my customers (and to me), as well as authentications. The only reason I stopped troubleshooting this issue was because I needed to claim several other domain names and that seemed like a logical step to try and install the IPN product on one of the other domains rather than continue troubleshooting and delay my going live.

I can't stress highly enough how poorly godaddys support team treated me. They asked me repeatedly to furnish many many details that were totally inappropriate for the problem I was describing, as if they were reading from a script (it was rather obvious).

I am a systems admin by trade and when I tell them that I was having connectivity problems from my workplace, my home, my aircard and many many of my customers from around the world, I think it's safe to say it's not a network issue on my end, but they wanted me to do traceroutes, etc, etc etc. My best guess is that it was an oversold server based on the slowness and intermittent nature of my access but they refused to do a very simple resource check for me.

When I went live with my latest program, I had to manually authenticate more than 50% of the license keys, and it rarely got better except when the purchases were done out of prime time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: