Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bootstrapper & WebBrowser Control with SSL / HTTPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renegade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Bootstrapper & WebBrowser Control with SSL / HTTPS Reply with quote

I have some forms that use a WebBrowser control to load an authorization page.

Each of those form uses Pinvoke to disable browser click sounds (I doubt this is related, but include it as it used Pinvoke and not pure C# managed code):

Code:

[DllImport("urlmon.dll")]
        [PreserveSig]
        [return: MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Error)]
        static extern int CoInternetSetFeatureEnabled(int FeatureEntry, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.U4)] int dwFlags, bool fEnable);

Everything works perfectly until I try to wrap it all up in the bootstrapper. They simply don't navigate to the proper URLs. (I'm using HTTPS.)

I tried replacing the real URL with "fake" ones:

http://cynic.me/ - My blog - worked!?!

https://www.supersimple.me/ - A site of mine - didn't work!?!

http://www.supersimple.me/ - Same site, but not on HTTPS... Works!

I'm relatively certain that this is an issue with SSL/HTTPS as every single test I've done with HTTP works fine, but once I get to HTTPS, things explode. I can't think of any other reason. I've redone all the pre-build commands multiple times with no change. Only HTTPS seems to trip things up.

I'm kind of confused as to how I can fix this. Everything works fine before I wrap it all up with .NET Encryptor with the bootstrapper. Once it's in the bootstrapper, HTTPS breaks. (Well, ONCE in a while it works, but rarely - which is only more confusing...)

Any clues, hints, fixes, work arounds?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that the process protection mechanism is detecting some DLLs being injected into the process and blocking them (to prevent the possibility of someone using code injection to dump the decrypted code). The injection could be due to anti-virus software running on your computer hooking into Internet Explorer - or it maybe something Internet Explorer somehow injects into itself. You may need to reduce the level parameter you are passing to CheckProcessIntegrity for this application until it works.
Renegade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
My guess is that the process protection mechanism is detecting some DLLs being injected into the process and blocking them (to prevent the possibility of someone using code injection to dump the decrypted code). The injection could be due to anti-virus software running on your computer hooking into Internet Explorer - or it maybe something Internet Explorer somehow injects into itself. You may need to reduce the level parameter you are passing to CheckProcessIntegrity for this application until it works.

I'm not sure what you mean by "reduce the level parameter you are passing to CheckProcessIntegrity". I wasn't able to turn up any information on that in a search. Is there some Win32 method for that?
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your bootstrapper project it calls AssemblyLoader.CheckProcessIntegrity and passes a level parameter.
Renegade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
In your bootstrapper project it calls AssemblyLoader.CheckProcessIntegrity and passes a level parameter.

Thanks. That seems to have fixed the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: