Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
max_carpenter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in... Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Trying to install the authentication server on my MS 2003 IIS webserver. I have created a new virtual directory with read/write permission and a new application pool for it. Set the directory to .net 2.0 and copied all the files to it however when I try to run install.aspx I get the following error up:

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Xml' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Now I noticed at the bottom of the error page it says this:

Source File: c:\DHCD\www\www\web.config Line: 40

That is the web.config for my main website and not my virtual directory. My virtual directory is at:

C:\DHCD\Licensing\web.config

I cannot figure out why it is reading from the from web.config. Any ideas?

Regards,
Max

Thank You
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed this post. This error is a bit strange. The authentication service targets the .NET 2 framework and so doesn't (can't) reference anything to do with Linq. So I think the problem is related to your virtual directory setup and the fact that that the web.config is still coming from your root directory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: