Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using local Access DB for LicenseTracker / MSSQL on GoDaddy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ancientOne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Using local Access DB for LicenseTracker / MSSQL on GoDaddy? Reply with quote

I'm planning the migration of our ILS Authentication server from its test environment on an ASP host in our local LAN, to its real-world home on GoDaddy. I just discovered that my frugal selection of the cheapest GoDaddy hosting account does not include MSAccess support, only MSSQL.

I have been using msAccess for the local LicenseTraker database and wonder if I can use MSSQL for the GoDaddy authentication DB and continue to use MSAccess on my local machine for LicenseTracker? Or, do both of the databases need to be the same flavor?

Thanks!
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use MSSQL for one and not the other. However I'm pretty certain that even the cheapest Godaddy hosting accounts will allow you to use an access database. Access just requires a file - and so doesn't require any special database configuration. We have configured numerous Godaddy accounts using Access for the Authentication server database - so unless something has changed very recently I think you should be OK.
ancientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in verifying your suggestion, but I have been tied up on other projects.

Yes, indeed it appears that you CAN utilize the Authentication.mdb Access database on a GoDaddy Grid account. From the GoDaddy description, I though I was limited to one SQL Server or MySQL database.

Thanks again for the recommendation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: