Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Generator and IPN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmunro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Custom Generator and IPN Reply with quote

I'm having an issue with IPN and a custom generator. This is the first product where I've tried to include different licenses for a product (say manager and client versions). In my custom generator I look at the sale.ProductName property to decide what is assigned to data.ProductInfo.

If I use this custom generator to generate keys with my local License Tracker, the keys are generated properly and the ProductInfo property is as I would expect.

When I load the same custom generator to the correct location on my IPN server (\Bin folder), the ProductInfo property is always that of the parent product (have a number of variants). When I import the sale, all the information about the sale is correct, except for the ProdcutInfo property, thus resulting in the wrong license type for the user when they authenticate. Since the ProductInfo property is only set from within the custom generator it is getting from the custom generator.

I've tried a number of vatiations, have restarted the server after each upload, etc.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some differences between the data passed to the CustomGenerator between IPN.NET and License Tracker. The ProductName and DistributorName fields are two examples. In IPN.NET the ProductName actually contains the IPN Item Number for the product - so you may need to either write a different CustomGenerator for IPN.NET or else write your Generator so that it handles either the IPN Item Number or the Product Name.

In the next major upgrade of ILS (version 5) and IPN.NET (version 3) we will be changing the way IPN.NET works so that it can read product data directly from the License Tracker database (or a remote copy of the database you are hosting remotely). This will mean that you won't have to create the IpnSettings.xml file and upload it. Instead you will configure the Products in License Tracker and then Configure the IPN Server (which will upload the product data if the server is using a remote copy of the database). This means that a CustomGenerator will then receive the same information whether you are using IPN.NET or License Tracker to generate the license.
nmunro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It would have been helpful if this was covered in the documentation somewhere. Looking forward to the new versions.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILS Version 5 and IPN.NET Version 3 are now released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: