Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.NET Framework Client Profile not supported?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zbynekz2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: .NET Framework Client Profile not supported? Reply with quote

I am evaluating your product. When I have referenced the Infralution.Licensing assembly and tried to build my project, I received following error:

D:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3268: The primary reference "Infralution.Licensing, Version=4.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v3.5,Profile=Client". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Infralution.Licensing, Version=4.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f, processorArchitecture=MSIL" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".

I could resolve the error by changing my target framework from ".NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile" to ".NET Framework 3.5", but this solution is not good because I have no other need for the "full" framework in my solution. I am developing a component, and switching to "full" framework would have implications down the line for the installation of our product, for developers who use the component - and for end users who will deploy the applications. And the component is not ASP.NET one, so I do not want to reference System.Web anyway.

What to do?
Thank you
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the current release the Infralution.Licensing assembly requires the System.Web reference to support licensing of ASP.NET applications. When you purchase ILS you receive the source code for the classes that your application uses. This allows you to include the classes directly in your application project and eliminate the extra assembly. If you do this then it is possible to remove the reference to the System.Web assembly and so use the Client profile for your app (you also have to delete a few lines of code from one of the ILS classes).

In the next major release of ILS we are addressing this issue by providing separate versions of the Infralution.Licensing assembly (ie Infralution.Licensing.Forms, Infralution.Licensing.ASP, Infralution.Licensing.WPF). The non-ASP.NET versions will be able to be referenced from Client profile apps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: