Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding MANY Product Variations in License Tracker?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renegade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Adding MANY Product Variations in License Tracker? Reply with quote

I plan on experimenting with pricing to see how I can maximize conversions. I'm coupling this with a discount in the software that decreases each day. i.e. The price goes up.

However, for that I'll need to create a LOT of "New Product Variants".

The ONLY things that I'm changing are:

* IPN Item Number
* Cost Per Unit

Everything else will remain constant.

Can I simply copy the IpnSettings "PurchaseItem" node and change those 2 values, or do I need to enter each into License Tracker manually?

If I have to type each into License Tracker manually, is there any way for me to do this as a kind of batch operation?

I'm going to experiment some, but it's just very painful as License Tracker is very slow in communicating with the remote server and I spend a good amount of time waiting for it to respond. (I expect that's due in part to my connection speed and the server being half way around the world.)

Also, off topic from the above, I noticed that I can only open up 1 instance of License Tracker; I get an error otherwise -- I expect this is because of the data connection being exclusive.

Will that affect the license server itself? i.e. Will the database or tables be locked in MS SQL Server?

I'm basically wondering if I can leave License Tracker open 24/7 and whether it will interfere with licenses being issued or with IPN.NET. (I've got them both running off of the same database now -- thanks for the info in that other thread.)
Renegade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah... Answered my own question in part... Yes for the XML file. The encryption settings are only in the parent, so children (variants) look like:

Code:

<PurchaseItem>
    <Name>My Product</Name>
    <ItemNumber>variantsnumber</ItemNumber>
    <ParentItemNumber>parentsnumber</ParentItemNumber>
    <CustomGenerator>CustomGenerator.ACMECustomGenerator,ACMECustomGenerator</CustomGenerator>
    <EmailTemplate>Keys.htm</EmailTemplate>
    <DownloadLocation>http://www.mysite.com/Downloads/Setup.exe</DownloadLocation>
    <CostPerUnit>12.34</CostPerUnit>
  </PurchaseItem>

So I can just copy, paste or do it programmatically.

However, I still don't know how to get that into the actual database. Is there a way to import data (products) from an XML file?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: