Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to move Resources from one form to another

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pranav

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: How to move Resources from one form to another Reply with quote

Hi,

By mistake I have created some custom strings in all form's resx file. Later I come to know that resource file are regenerated when you make any changes to designer. So i lost my custom strings. I have already sent my GXL file to my translator and he has completed his translation and given back the file to me. I have moved my custom string to Application/Globel resource file in my project. So I want to move all form level translated custom strings from forms' resx to application level resource file.

How to move or copy-paste existing context from one resoruce to another in globalizer?
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you rescan your project in Globalizer the resources that have been removed from the form resx files will be marked as unused (but will remain in the Globalizer workspace). The new resources you have put in your application resx should also appear marked as added. Don't remove the unused resources yet. Import your translators file back into your main workspace - this will import translations for the now unused translations.

Next select the new translations in the application resources (using shift/control to select multiple rows) and then select Translate Duplicates. This will automaticatly translate these using the translations from the (unused) forms resx. Once you have completed doing this you can the remove the unused translations using the "Remove Unused" function.
pranav

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply....

It works fine for me. Many of contexts translated according to your suggestion. But at the time of moving custom strings, I have changed the name of some strings which are not translated yet.

So, how can i reuse this strings? There are too many strings need to be converted so i am looking for the short and easy way. Let me know any workaround else i have to copy paste each strings manually.

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also import the translators file and use the "Match on Invariant Text" option. This will ignore the context and match translations in the file with those in your workspace that have the same invariant text. This is not as precise as the first approach I gave you because there is the risk you will translate items that have the same invariant but perhaps should be translated differently in different contexts. As long as you are aware of this you should be OK using this approach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: