Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adding and removing items items straight out of the box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: adding and removing items items straight out of the box Reply with quote

It would be nice if there was a new item row for each row binding for the purpose of adding rows. Further if it could have support for the insert and delete keys to add and remove items. The item to be inserted can be based on a template or example of the object. At first for simplicity this could just be a property on the rowbinding set during coding. Later it could be expanded to design time support where we choose the type, the constuctor or factory method and then set any properties via the property grid.

Though not all of these features are required all at once it is a nice fit as you are already doing adding and deleting via drqag and drop. It is just that drag and drop adding and removing shouldn't be the only way straight out of the box.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking for. Do you want the ability to construct a datasource at design time by adding items?
jwat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: new item row Reply with quote

A new item row is the row at the bottom of a datagrid that allows the individual to add a new row. [Look at the DataGrid as an example.] It would be nice if there was a similar feature at every level of the virtual tree. Since it would have to be at every level that the data would need to be associated with the row binding. Let me know specifically if any thing else needs clarification.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I understand. We will add this to our feature request list. This will be a fairly large undertaking I suspect and will probably have to wait to the next major release.
jwat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: A little at a time Reply with quote

I know it is a major feature for the next release but don't hesitate and smaller pieces or variants of it on the short term for instance Insert key causes something to be added and the delete key causes it to be removed. Delete should be the least difficult since you have everything you need. Insert would be the next difficult and hence could come latter as you need the developer to provide an example of what to add though the default constructor might be used. Much latter graphical support to add. Finally, much much later, richer editor support for the lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: