Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few beginner questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spfaff

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: A few beginner questions. Reply with quote

I have just started evaluating the product and have a few questions regarding the use of it.

I would like to bundle all of the License methods specific to my applications in an assembly and reuse it from one application to the next. The methods would handle checking for an existing License, Custom forms for activation and retrieving information from the productid string. I would then encrypt this assembly and embed it in the Bootstrap application. Is this an acceptable practice?

I have been testing on a very simple test application and have been having problems getting the form icon to display anything other than the default icon. The Taskbar icon exhibits the same behavior. I have selected that the icon be an embedded resource but still no luck, do you have any suggestions?

So far I have been very pleased with the samples and documentation you supply.

Sincerly
Scott J. Pfaff
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would then encrypt this assembly and embed it in the Bootstrap application. Is this an acceptable practice?

Yes that seems a reasonable approach. If you are using Infralution Licensing System then you could simple encrypt the Infralution.Licensing.dll assembly and included it in the bootstrap. Note that if you are encrypting 3rd party dlls (like this) that are signed with a different strong name to your application and bootstrap then you need to specify the strong name used to encrypt the file using the /token or /strongnamefile parameter.

Quote:
I have been testing on a very simple test application and have been having problems getting the form icon to display anything other than the default icon. The Taskbar icon exhibits the same behavior. I have selected that the icon be an embedded resource but still no luck, do you have any suggestions?

The form icon should be able to be set in the normal way within the unencrypted app. The taskbar icon is based on the form icon. I just verified this by changing the icon for one of the sample projects. The app icon that is displayed by windows explorer for the exe has to be set in the bootstrap properties.

If you run the unencrypted app is your icon working?

What language and version of Visual Studio are you using?

Is it a windows forms app or WPF?
spfaff

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you for the response, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was not running "Build" on the bootstrap project so I was not updating the encrypted application for the bootstrap app. to embed. Once I "Built" the boostrap application the "Pre-Build" events encrypted the new application and all worked as expected.

Sincerly
Scott J. Pfaff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: