Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with opening exported workspace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheitman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Issue with opening exported workspace Reply with quote

Hi

Today, a translator sent me an email that he can not open my exported workspace. He gets the error
"This workspace was created by an earlier version of Globalizer .NET (Developer Edition) and cannot be edited using this version of Globalizer.NET (Translator Edition). To fix this issue ask the developer to install the latest version of Globalizer.NET (Developer Edition) and export the workspace again."

The problem is, we both have the latest version (2.3.11.0).

Any idea or known issues?

Kind regards,
Sven
sheitman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I exported it again and it worked however something seems wrong.

Both files, tha later exported and the earlier exported, are binary equal. And I can open both with the latest translator edition.

So I guess my translator has done something wrong here^^
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does seem strange. Normally this error should only be reported if you are trying to open a workspace exported by Version 1 of Globalizer.NET in the Translator edition (version 2).

Is the translator still unable to open the workspace?

What format did you export the workspace in?

If you install the translator edition on another computer (which doesn't have the developer edition installed) can you open the exported workspace?

If you want you can email the problem workspace to support@infralution.com and we will see if we can track down the issue.
sheitman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is the translator still unable to open the workspace?
I exported it again and now he can open it successfully.

Quote:
What format did you export the workspace in?

I used gxz.

Quote:
If you install the translator edition on another computer (which doesn't have the developer edition installed) can you open the exported workspace?

Yes I can open it.

Quote:

If you want you can email the problem workspace to support@infralution.com and we will see if we can track down the issue.

Thanks, I send you both.

Perhaps the file was damaged in some way. How is Globalizer handling such a case?

Kind regards,
Sven
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file that you sent that wasn't working was a Translation Memory eXchange (TMX) format file. You normally only export this format to transfer data to/from other localization tools. You can't open a TMX file directly in Globalizer (you can only import the translations into an existing workspace). So I'm not really sure how your translator could have even opened the file.
sheitman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you the wrong file... sry. I will send you a new mail...
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I got the new files. I unzipped the gxz files (which are just gzipped gxl files) and the contents are identical. So I think it most likely there is something else going on. Perhaps your translator somehow received a corrupted copy of the file?? This seems unlikely as the error you would receive in this case would generally be different (a zip checksum error).
sheitman

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking it again. As I do not have the file the translator received I can't tell you if it was corrupted in some way.

If it happens again I let you know otherwise I think we can close this topic Smile

Thanks a lot for you help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: