Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FindRowByIndex overflow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnSummit2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: FindRowByIndex overflow Reply with quote

My application uses more top-level nodes than can be counted in an Int32. Would it be possible for you to support a FindRowByIndex function that takes an Int64? Or is there an alternative method to select a row based on the top-level index larger than Int32.Max?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a tree that needs more than 2,147,483,647 (Int32.MaxValue) rows? That is one huge amount of data! Although VirtualTree is designed to handle large amounts of data we never anticipated a use for that many nodes. We may be able to change this if you really do require it - but it would require more than just adding a method - since the internal indexing uses Int32.
JohnSummit2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Virtual Tree Control as a virtual listbox. The source data is coming from a huge file that contains records stored sequentially in the file. Based on an index into the file I need to position the Virtual Tree "listbox" on the correct row.

Since VirtualTree uses 32 bits for internal indexing i may need to find some other list box control for this particular view. Too bad since it otherwise was perfect.

Also, it seems it is not too easy to expand to 64-bit indexing since IList uses ints?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right IList does use int (Int32) which is the reason that we used Int32 for VirtualTree. This would make it quite difficult for us to change this because VirtualTree uses IList to retrieve data. The changes would have to be fairly fundamental.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: