Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scan Filters Don't Appear to Work Properly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spettifer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Scan Filters Don't Appear to Work Properly Reply with quote

Hi

I tried to set up some exclusion filters for scanning, namely to exclude icons and bitmaps, however they do not seem to work at all. I can filter them out when exporting a workspace to send to a translator, but I can't stop them entering the process in the first place.

I have tried adding them both at the workspace and visual studio project level but to no avail. I cannot see any higher level filters which might override them (for example .*). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be missing? The only flaw I've found in an otherwise excellent and extremely useful product.

Many thanks

Steve
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were your filter expressions? Were you adding them in the "Exclude Filters" box?

If you select the root Workspace node and then select the "Scan Filters" tab you should see that, by default, there is a scan filter like:

Code:
Type:                                  Context:
--------------------------------------------
System\.String                     .*
System\.Drawing\.Bitmap     .*
System\.Drawing\.Icon         .*

These regular expressions specify that (in addition to strings) items of type Icon and Bitmap should be scanned. So if you remove these two "Include Filters" icons and bitmaps will no longer be scanned. If you have previously scanned them they won't dissappear from the workspace immediately when you scan. Instead they are marked as "unused" and you should see a blue question mark appear next to them. You can remove them from the workspace by using the Translation->Remove Unused menu.
spettifer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I was adding them to the exclusion filters list and removing the default include filters for icons and bitmaps. These lists are the ones which are accessed by selecting the root workspace node. However, I've just tried this again on a new workspace and it works fine as you described by removing the default includes, and as you rightly say, the Remove Unused option does what it says on the tin. I was getting a bit hung up on the scan removing things!!

Many thanks for the swift help and a great product. I am putting together a bunch of documents to help our developers (and in-house translators) translate a very large enterprise app and having used this product before in a different job I'm recommending it here. Hoping my documents will prove its worth to my boss and they will pay up for some proper licenses as we have to translate to Mandarin and German pretty soon.

Cheers

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: