Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto-Translation hangs when VirtualBox/VMWare is installed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hofingerandi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Auto-Translation hangs when VirtualBox/VMWare is installed Reply with quote

When I use the auto-translate feature, the window "Auto Translation in Progress" pops up, but hangs for (precisely) 30 seconds. After this initial delay, the translations are found very quickly. The delay happens for each click on auto-translate, not just once per session.

In the meantime I found out, that the problem is caused by VirtualBox/VMWare which I have both installed on my pc. When I disable all the virtual network adapters, globalizer can connect immediately.

Please note that
* Globalizer is not running in a virtual machine
* The problem appears with both, VirtualBox and VMWare
* No virtualization software is running, just the virtual network adapters are visible in the network connections.
* Internet Explorer / Firefox work without any problems

Do you have any suggestions?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Virtual Box installed on my machine and I'm not seeing this issue. What operating system are you using?

Does this happen with both the Google and Bing auto translators?
hofingerandi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens with both translators. As i wrote, it takes always precisely 30 seconds, so there seems to be some network issue going on.

I am running Windows XP Professional (32bit).

Anyways, currently I have all virtual network adapters disabled, and am still facing the same problem. So you are probably correct, VirtualBox is not the problem.

The windows firewall is disabled. We are running "Trend Micro OfficeScan" which I have also disabled on my pc at the moment.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my machine the the initial time you use the auto translate it takes about 7 seconds to start. There after if you click Autotranslate it is almost immediate. Do you have another computer on your network that you could install the translator edition on to see whether the problem is with your network or the particular PC setup.
hofingerandi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled Globalizer.Net - now it is working on my machine (even without any additional delay).

In my VirtualBox I cannot make it work. I am using a local user; when accessing the network, after a few seconds I get the message
Quote:
An unexpected error (The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.) occured while translating. Check that you have properly configured the Translator.

How can I "properly configure the Translator", i.e. enter an alternative username / password?

On a different PC I can find the behaviour you described: after an initial delay (again 30 seconds), all following translations are performed quickly.

---

For now I am pretty convinced, that the problem is with our network, not with the software. The workaround for me (in case the problem shows up again on my machine) is just to select multiple items at once, then the 30 seconds do not really hurt.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How can I "properly configure the Translator", i.e. enter an alternative username / password?

The bing translator allows very limited configuration via the Globalizer.NET config file. This is basically just the URL used to contact the service - so I don't really think it is going to help. What version of Globalizer.NET are you running?
hofingerandi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using version 2.3.7.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: