Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Globalizer screwing up XAML formatting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dierk Droth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Globalizer screwing up XAML formatting Reply with quote

On editing XAML files Globalizer screws up the formatting and applies it own formatting style.

Is there a way to maintain the existing formatting so Globalizer would not overwrite/change it?

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globalizer.NET uses the standard Microsoft XmlDocument class to read and modify the XAML. Unfortunately this does not give options for preserving the existing formatting.

You could turn off the Globalizer.NET "Convert WPF Windows to use ResxExtension" option when scanning - however then you would have to code the XAML to use the Resx extension by hand.
gunters63

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem.

For my XAML files i have set the following option in Visual Studio 2010:

Options/Text Editor/XAML/Formatting/Spacing: Check at "Position each attribute on a separate line".

I always auto-format my XAML files with these settings because they are easier to read and changes are easier to track this way (at least for me).

Now whenever Globalizer.NET rewrites this file all attributes are merged back onto one line again. I don't really care about other custom formatting but this one forces me to reformat all XAML files after they have been touched by Globalizer.NET.

Now if you use the standard Microsoft XmlDocument you could use the "WriteTo" overload which enables the use of an XmlWriter (if you are not already doing so). The XmlWriter has an XmlWriterSetting property which enables limited formatting abilities for writing XML, for example "Ident" and "NewLineOnAttributes". The latter would write all attributes on a new line when set.

Probably you could support the limited Xml formatting capabilities there. The user could be able to set those option globally unter Tools/Options/XML Formatting or alternatively under target Properties.

That would already be a big help for me and probably others.

I should probably have posted this under "Feature requests" Smile

Regards,
Gunter
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's a good suggestion - we will look at adding that feature for the next major release of Globalizer.NET.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3 of Globalizer has now been released and includes options for controlling XML formatting when Globalizer writes XAML files.

See the Release Announcement for more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: