Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction to let translator build sattelite assemblies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheitman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Introduction to let translator build sattelite assemblies Reply with quote

Hi there.

Can you give me some intorduction how I can allow the translator to build the sattelite assemblies so he can test his translation?

What setup do I need?

What we have is a globalizer project wich scnanned a solution for resx file.
I could not find the "deploy directory" setting in the translator edition so I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Best regards,
Sven
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You normally set the Deploy Directory (using the Developer Edition) before you send the translator the exported workspace. See the following excerpt from the help below:

Quote:
The Deploy Directory specifies the location of the deployed assemblies (ie typically the location that your installation program installs the assemblies). This determines where Globalizer.NET builds satellite assemblies (for Project Targets) and localized versions of XML files (for XML File Targets) when the Translator or Developer performs a Binary (Deployed) Build. The Deploy Directory can be set for the Workspace (see Workspace Properties) and for individual Targets (relative to the Workspace Deploy Directory). The Workspace Deploy Directory can be specified as a full path or relative to the location of Workspace file. You can use the [ProgramFilesFolder] placeholder as part of the path. This placeholder is expanded by Globalizer.NET to the actual path for Program Files on the system. It is important to use the placeholder rather than a full path because the name of the Program Files folder is translated in different Windows language versions.

If the Deploy directory is set correctly then this will enable the translator to preview forms and controls and also build the localized satellite assemblies (if you have the "Enabled Translator Preview" and "Enable Translator build" options enabled in the Workspace properties). Note that if your assemblies are strong named then the encrypted strong name must be included in the Workspace (check the Project Target properties) if you want the translator to be able to build the satellite assemblies.
sheitman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Thanks for your answer.

I setup the properties and its working fine. However what I realy would like to see is some way the translator could select the target folder of the workspace for deployment.
It's possible to find some setup wich is fine however I do not want to force him to organize his folders in some way. When I understand right the projects deployment folder is relative to the workspace deployment directory. So some way to select the workspace directory seems natural for me.

I guess when I do a rescan of my project the deployment properties aren't touched, right?

Best regards,
Sven
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to set a specific path whether your software is installed then another alternative is to leave the Workspace Deploy Directory blank. In this case the Deploy directory is then set to the directory containing the Globalizer.NET workspace. So you just need to instruct the user to copy the workspace into the same directory as your application.

The deploy directories are not changed when you rescan the workspace
sheitman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the tip I will give it a try Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: