Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues in License Tracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Issues in License Tracker Reply with quote

In License Tracker there doesn't seem to be any way of exporting and importing the product variants. When you click on Export Settings and then dump the project, say, by clicking on Sample Project, then Import the same previous project, it doesn't include the Product variants from before. How do you then go back and edit the same product variants? If you try to put in the same product, it will then create a new variant. It seems that there should be a way to save and edit the product and all its variants. The ProductInfo and Comments fields should also then be saved and retrieved.

Also, there are no warnings given for various buttons:

1. If you create a new product, then click on Sample Project Settings, it immediately deletes all the current project settings without any warning.

2. Similarly if you click on Cancel, it drops everything when in both cases it should ask if you want to save the product first.

I think there should also be a Save button to save the current settings.
On the Product Grid, right click should bring up Edit on that product.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Export/Import Settings are purely for importing and exporting the licensing settings (not all the product fields). This is mainly to allow you to transfer settings to and from the Simple License Key generator.

While clicking Sample Project Settings does overwrite the current settings, if you accidently do this you can just then click cancel. The cancel behaviour is fairly standard for windows dialogs. For instance in Outlook if I edit my account settings the dialog does not warn me if I click Cancel that I will lose my edited settings.

Double clicking on the Product in the Product View does open the dialog - or you can right click and use the "Open" menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: