Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scrolling performance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PG13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Scrolling performance Reply with quote

I'm a "fresh" user, evaluating your product.

I've coded a relatively simple form with a virtual tree built using object row bindings. One thing I can't seem to get around is the vertical scrolling performance when one of the cells is "stuffed" with strings anywhere between 80 and 100 characters. The total number of rows is around 25.

If I tweak the object's property (bound to the Field) so that instead of the full strings it only provides a "preview" - around 30 characters, there aren't any performace problems (same context).

It also seems that by scrolling up and down - the way computer savvy are swifting through "results" - the CPU is immediately max'ed out.

Your comments on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just modifed our ADODB Database Browser sample so that the strings returned for the number plate are 112 characters long (by simply replicating the string a number of times). This didn't exhibit any performance issues at all when scrolling over about 1000 rows. Are you sure that there isn't something else going on - my initial attempt did cause some problems - but that was because I wrote something rather silly like:

for (int i=0; i < 30; i++)
{
vehicle.NumberPlate += vehicle.NumberPlate;
}

which produced strings that were 7516192768 characters long - which understandably caused an out of memory error.

If you could email a zipped copy of your sample project to support@infralution.com then we will have a look at it.

Regards
Grant Frisken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: