Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Authenticated license for a new product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Authenticated license for a new product Reply with quote

I have the authenticated licensing method implemented, and it works fine. Now I have a new product that will need authentication as well. Obviously the product B shouldn't work with the license of the product A. What exactly should I do to implement the authenticated licensing method for product B?
Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a new product in License Tracker. Set different Product and Authentication Passwords - this ensures that a key for one product cannot be used for another. Ensure that in your code you specify the license file in a different location to your first product.
Javier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's working fine. Thank you.
Javier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it works fine when you authenticate the license, but if the license is not installed it says that the evaluation period has expired. Apparently the evaluation period is not reset for the product B.

In my case I have product A installed but not authenticated, and the evaluation period already expired. That's fine and that's the way it should work. Now I installed product B and it tells me that the evaluation period is expired as well. What do I have to change in product B to avoid this confusion? Please note that the license parameters are different in both products and the server recognizes both correctly. Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must also change the password that you pass as a parameter to the EvaluationMonitor constructor. This is completely independent from the licensing passwords.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: