Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Licensing Problem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

I have followed all the instructions in the help and what i have found on the forums. i have put the source code for the licensing inside my app. When i put it on a test machine thedevelopment license stops bugging me when i put the key in but the compiled exe isnt paying any attention and i still get the messagebox saying it isnt licensed.

Please can you help..
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear from your description whether your problem is with the license key we issued to unlock License Tracker and the License Key Generator - or with the license issued by you for your own application/component.

If it is the latter, are you developing an application or a component? If you are developing a component there is an issue with way Visual Studio caches license keys when compiling resources which means that you need to "rebuild" the solution of applications that use the component to force the license to be compiled into the resources.

If you can provide some more information we can give you some more specific help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am developing a component.
I have rebuilt i have deleted license file. Iv tried all the usual Visual Studio problems. i dont get the dialog in design time but when i run it says its being used by an unlicensed app at runtime...
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you included a license.licx file in your application project (that uses your component) with the required entry for your component as documented in the "Component and Control Runtime Licensing" section of the online help.

If you have done this correctly and you delete the design time ".lic" license file then you should be prompted to enter the license when you rebuild. If this is still not happening try deleting the bin and obj directories completely.

Another thing to be careful of when developing licensed components is using static variables to avoid displaying the licensing dialog each time a new component is created. The problem with doing this is that if the user displays a form with your component in it and enters a license key and then does a build, the license compiler will create an instance of your component to instantiate a license but your component will not actually call LicenseManager.IsValid because it has set the static variable flag already. This call is required to save the runtime license into the current license context (ie the build resources).

The LicensedControl sample shows the proper way to handle this if you don't want the license dialog shown each time a component is created. It checks to see whether the license context has changed since the last time the component was created.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: