Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Errors with CheckProcessIntegrity Method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Errors with CheckProcessIntegrity Method Reply with quote

I'm developing an application that uses a Windows design surface - it allows the user to place buttons on a form, and the program stores form/button size, color, etc. for future use.

After adding and integrating the bootstrapper project, the following error message appears when changing from one form to another during program execution:

"Bootstrap Error
An unhandled exception (Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.) occurred while bootstrapping the application."

If I comment out the call to the CheckProcessIntegrity Method, the issue disappears. Also, this only seems to happen on the one app. I have three others that are ok, but they do not use a design surface.

Installed 2.0.1 - When CheckProcessIntegrity Method is enabled, I cannot run the app within VS2005 (Error - Debugging this process is not permitted). This happens with all four of my developed applications. I did not notice this in 2.0.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I comment out the call to the CheckProcessIntegrity Method, the issue disappears. Also, this only seems to happen on the one app. I have three others that are ok, but they do not use a design surface.

We have found some issues with the anti-hooking code that CheckProcessIntegrity initiates that causes problems in some specific circumstances. We should have a new release out tomorrow that fixes these issues. You may find in the meantime that you need to set the INTEGRITY_LEVEL constant in the bootstrapper to a lower level to allow your application to function normally.

In Version 2.0.0 CheckProcessIntegrity only prevented native debugging of the application (which might allow someone to debug the decryption algorithm). In Version 2.0.1 it also prevents Managed debugging. If you need to debug then you should run the debug version of the bootstrap. CheckProcessIntegrity is inside a conditional code block and so should not be called in the debug version.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have now released Version 2.0.2 which fixes issues with the anti-hooking code in CheckProcessIntegrity in some circumstances. The anti-hooking code attempts to prevent the injection of dlls (that may be used to dump unencrypted assemblies) into the process by external applications, however this may interfere with normal application functionality if your application relies on legitmate injected dlls. If this occurs you may still need to reduce the INTEGRITY_LEVEL constant in the Bootstrap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: