Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UTF8 support in product data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: UTF8 support in product data Reply with quote

Hi,

I would very much appreciate it if you would support UTF8 in the product data field. I looked at the code in EncryptedLicenseProvider.cs, and it would require you to modify only 3 lines of code.

The Encoder.Ascii would have to be replaced by Encoder.UTF8 in lines 243, 423 and 618 of EncryptedLicenseProvider.cs.

I made the changes myself, and they worked. Unfortunately, this only works in my License generator, and I would like it to work in the License tracker.

By using UTF8, the keys are no larger, as the UTF8 representation of an ASCII string is the ASCII string, however, when Unicode characters appear, they are represented by 2 or 3 bytes of UTF8 data.

This would probably have to be some kind of a mode or property to preserve compatability with old keys. As long as there were no unicode characters in the orignal product data, the keys would be identical anyway. But if there were unicode characters, the ASCII encoding would replace them with ? marks. But the UTF8 encoders would preserve them.

This is really nice for languages like German, etc. that use non ASCII characters.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was actually done some time ago. You must be using an older release. Download the latest release and check it out. If you are a customer you should have receive emails (to your billing email address) with the latest source for each new release. Send us an email if you haven't.
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right, sorry to have bothered you.

I had the 2.1 code zip file sitting there, and what I thought was the unzipped version of it, but obviously it wasn't

Sorry about the brain freeze.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: