Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exceltion while starting Globalizer.NET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
extropy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Exceltion while starting Globalizer.NET Reply with quote

Just installed the evaluation.

Immediately after running Globalizer.NET a following error message appears:

Bootstrap error
An unhanded exception (Unauthorized Process Error (1)) occurred while bootstrapping the application.

Using Windows XP, 32bit, SP3.
Note that I have my system drive labeled as H: (not CSmile.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Globalizer.NET have you installed?

You can check in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs (the version is shown there). The current release is 2.3.1.

The only known reason for this error is if you try to debug Globalizer.NET (which of course you shouldn't be doing). There was an issue in versions earlier than 2.2.2 which could cause this error to occur when certain virus checkers were in use.
dbrillon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Same error here Reply with quote

I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.3.1 and now I'm not able to run the application. I reinstalled 2.1 and it work. We don't try to run the application in debug we just use it normally.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I will email you a small diagnostic program to see if we can find out why 2.3.1 isn't working on your system.

Are you receiving exactly the same error?
What operating system are you using?
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have tracked down the source of the problem. It appears that you must have .NET profiling enabled globally. Check your System and User Environment variables (right click on MyComputer, select "Properties", select "Advanced" Tab, click "Environment Variables") . If you remove the COR_ENABLE_PROFILING variable then you should be able run Globalizer 2.3.1 without issues.

Alternatively if for some reason you actually do want to profile all .NET applications started on your machine then you can create a small batch file to run Globalizer.NET that removes this variable from the environment before running Globalizer. To do this create a file called "Globalizer.bat" with the contents:

Code:
SET COR_ENABLE_PROFILING=
start Globalizer.exe

Save this file in the Globalizer program directory. Now you can run this to start Globalizer.NET.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just released Version 2.3.2 of Globalizer.NET. It changes this behaviour somewhat. While you still cannot run Globalizer.NET with profiling enabled, it will now run if the COR_ENABLE_PROFILE environment variable is defined but set to any value other than "1". Setting this environment variable to one "1" enables global profiling and consequently means Globalizer.NET will not run. This change allows you (or the profiler) to set the variable to 0 when your are not profiling without affecting Globalizer.NET. The error message you receive if profiling is enabled has also been changed to be less cryptic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: