Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Key = "This number of installations allowed for thi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joefox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: New Key = "This number of installations allowed for thi Reply with quote

I created a new product, added it to autheication.xml fiel on server, bounched the webconfig.

When i try to validate a key for this product, it says that it already hit hte installed limited?
When its never been installed before...

any ideas?

I have 7 other products that work fine...
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two possibilities occur to me. One you have somehow set the Authentication Limit (either for the product or the individual license key) to zero. Second maybe you have somehow already authenticated it on another computer. The best way to check this is to import the authentications into License Tracker (Authentication->Import Data) then see whether there are authentications for the key.
joefox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Two possibilities occur to me. One you have somehow set the Authentication Limit (either for the product or the individual license key) to zero. Second maybe you have somehow already authenticated it on another computer. The best way to check this is to import the authentications into License Tracker (Authentication->Import Data) then see whether there are authentications for the key.

ive already checked that, in the key config, i have it set to 1 authentication.

i create a new key, and use that key to authenticate with, so no luck.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried importing authentications? Then look at the license key (in the license key tab) and check if it has any authentications? Also check your AuthenticationServerSettings.xml file on your web site and check that its contents are what you would expect. A common cause of problems is that you accidently update or upload the wrong file - or haven't forced the web server to restart (by overwriting web.config).
joefox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent changed any of my authencation file etc. since day one, when it was all working, now all of a sudden i am getting errros.

I even tried to start back stock with the authentication.xml file. and overwrite web.config.

And i still cant register my product. Sometimes it works, but 90% of the time it dosent.
I see on the item you can only register it 1 time, and there are no registartions for the key. Again, I even tried a new key, and tried to regsiter it, and it says that max auth. have already been used, but it is a brand new key.

When i try to import new authentications, i am getting the error below. It never use to do this on me.

Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are your 7 other products still authenticating OK? If they are still working that indicates that there is something wrong with just this products settings. If they have stopped working as well then something must have changed with your server or network configuration.

If you are still having problems we could take a look at your AuthenticationServerSetting.xml file and LicenseTracker settings. You would need to open the Product Dialog and use the Export Settings button to export the settings. Email both to support@infralution.com.
joefox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Are your 7 other products still authenticating OK? If they are still working that indicates that there is something wrong with just this products settings. If they have stopped working as well then something must have changed with your server or network configuration.

If you are still having problems we could take a look at your AuthenticationServerSetting.xml file and LicenseTracker settings. You would need to open the Product Dialog and use the Export Settings button to export the settings. Email both to support@infralution.com.

Yes, all other products work fine.

I did the same setup as i always do when i want to use your product in my software. This is the only one that has problems, no matter what i do, it says that error..

so what do i do now?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you email us your AuthenticationServerSettings.xml file and License Tracker settings (as described previously) we will take a look at what is going on. Also if you can email us your Authentication.mdb database (download from your website) that may help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: