Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ObjectCellBinding.setValue problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keesp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: ObjectCellBinding.setValue problem Reply with quote

Hi,

When I am editing values (using a universal editbox) in a virtual tree, I often get the situation where the data is not taken over. This occurs after I get the following error info from the setValue(0 method of the object cell binding class:

VirtualTree: An error occurred when setting the value of [] in [].

Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Can anyone tell me exactly when this message is spawned?

Thanks

Kees
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CellBinding.SetValue method has a try/catch block to catch any exceptions raised by the client code when attempting to set the object value - so probably there is an exception occuring in your code which is then being trapped and reported. Make sure that you have your Visual Studio Debug->Exceptions settings are set to catch exceptions when they are thrown (all the indicators should be red). In my opinion this should be the default setting but isn't.

Are you binding to an object or a DataTable/View?
keesp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: solution for this problem Reply with quote

For completeness, the answer to this problem (after some checking with support and their valuable feedback).

I used to override the cellBinding from ObjectCellBinding. However, in the SetValue method I set the correct values programmatically, an action which is normally also done in the base.SetValue through reflection. So in this case, it is not useful to call the base.SetValue method, and there is no real need to derive from ObjectCellBinding, but CellBinding instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: